Last updated: March 3, 2020
LeaveTheMeeting ("Company", "us", "we", or "our") operates the LeaveTheMeeting website and the LeaveTheMeeting plugin (the "Service").
This page informs you of our policies regarding the collection, use and disclosure of Personal Information when you use our Service.
The information we collect about you may include the following:
- Information you provide us. We collect the content, communications and other information you provide when you contact us, including your email address. When you become a member of LeaveTheMeeting, you share a limited amount of information during the registration process, including your name, email address, member password and optionally other registration information to personalize your profile. If you choose to sign in with Google, LeaveTheMeeting will store this information.
- Information we obtain from your use of our Services. We collect information about the Services that you use and how you use them. LeaveTheMeeting also collects technical information about your device and use of LeaveTheMeeting to make sure that our products are working correctly. This information includes:
How Do We Use This Information
- Device Information
We collect device-specific information (such as your hardware model and operating system version).
- Log Information
When you use our Services or view content provided by the Company, we automatically collect and store certain information in server logs. This includes:
- Internet protocol address ("IP Address")
- The type of browser you are using when using our Services, including your browser's "user agent" (e.g., Internet Explorer, Safari, and other browsers)
- Device event information such as crashes, system activity, hardware settings, browser language, and the date and time of your request and referral URL
- Time and date of certain browser events such as:
- Chrome extensions enabled
- Template selected
- Template started to run
- Template stopped to run
- Uninstalls of extension
- Views on landing page
- Agenda item created
- Agenda item started
- Meeting notes created
- Clicks on an action button on landing page
- Cancellations of an extension installation
- Acceptance of extension installation
- Disablement of extension
We are able to deliver, personalize, and improve our Services by combining and using the information that we have about you to understand how you use and interact with our Services. We also may use the information that we have about you for the following purposes:
- To provide, maintain, improve, and develop relevant features, Content, and Services.
- To communicate with you by responding to your requests, comments, and questions, including through any contact information (email) you provide us
We use the personal information we obtain about you for the following purposes:
- Provision of the Services. Create and manage your Account, provide and personalize our Services, and respond to your inquiries.
- Communicating with you. Communicate with you, including by sending you emails about your transactions and Service-related announcements.
- Improving our Services. Analyze and learn about how the Services are accessed and used, evaluate and improve our Services (including by developing new products and services and managing our communications). We do this based on anonymous, pseudonymized or aggregated information which does not focus on you individually.
- Security. Ensure the security and integrity of our Services.
We process your personal information for the above purposes when:
- Performance of a contract. We need your personal information to provide you with services and products requested by you, or to respond to your inquiries. In other words, so we can perform our contract with you or take steps at your request before entering into one. For example, we need your email address so you can sign in to your LeaveTheMeeting account.
- Legitimate interests. We have a legitimate interest in using your personal information. In particular, we have a legitimate interest in the following cases:
- To analyze and improve the safety and security of our Services - we do this as it is necessary to pursue our legitimate interests in ensuring LeaveTheMeeting is secure, such as by implementing and enhancing security measures and protections and protecting against fraud, spam and abuse.
- To provide and improve the Services, including any personalized services - we do this as it is necessary to pursue our legitimate interests of providing an innovative and tailored offering to our Users on a sustained basis.
- To anonymize and subsequently use anonymized information
Cookies are files with small amount of data, which may include an anonymous unique identifier. Cookies are sent to your browser from a web site and stored on your computer's hard drive.
We use "cookies" to collect information. You can instruct your browser to refuse all cookies or to indicate when a cookie is being sent. However, if you do not accept cookies, you may not be able to use some portions of our Service. Service Providers
We may employ third party companies and individuals to facilitate our Service, to provide the Service on our behalf, to perform Service-related services or to assist us in analyzing how our Service is used.
These third parties have access to your Personal Information only to perform these tasks on our behalf and are obligated not to disclose or use it for any other purpose. How we protect your personal information
LeaveTheMeeting is committed to protecting the security of your Information and takes reasonable precautions to protect it. However, internet data transmissions, whether wired or wireless, cannot be guaranteed to be 100% secure, and as a result, we cannot ensure the security of Information you transmit to us, including Personal Data and User Content; accordingly, you acknowledge that you do so at your own risk.
We use industry-standard encryption to protect your data in transit. This is commonly referred to as transport layer security ("TLS") or secure socket layer ("SSL") technology.